Wednesday, March 13, 2013

So far so..........

It is 12:55pm on Wednesday (Day 3) of our Desert Storm Experience and I must say that it has been a trying, exhausting, and sobering 3 days! I spent the first half of day 2 (Tuesday) in the Office of the President, which is where I work. We eat lunch together at 12:30. I didn't show up until well after 1pm and by the time I had walked in everyone was full but no one was in a rush to get back to work on the farm. I spent the rest of the afternoon working on the farm with the rest of the crew which was actually really fun. We had wonderful conversations about our backgrounds, our colleges, politics, and anything else that helped to pass the time and take our minds off of the intensive labor we were subjecting our bodies to. The highlight of working on the farm on Tuesday was the seeding relay race we had (my team won of course :) !)  Dinner last night was AMAZING! We had nachos and refried beans. Not the healthiest option but I must say my tummy was pretty happy afterwards. All in all day two went well but by the time I was finished eating all I could think about was closing my eyes and laying my head on my pillow. I can only imagine being a parent, doing this type of work, then coming home to a house with children and having to cook, clean, and take care of my children before worrying about my self and how tired I am. This is the life that so many around us live. Sure they are receiving assistance but is it truly enough? We were fortunate enough to be able to put our money together, but what about those who don't have $21.60 to combine with others? What do they do........?

No comments:

Post a Comment