Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Day 3 (Relax !!)

Well today was the best day ever. The morning shift was very easy,we played a farmers game where you had to collect all the fruits off of a tree before a raven gets to them all. I know the game may sound like it was pointless, but it taught a very big issue that we need to know for today. The game taught us that in order to accomplish our task,we have to work together to get our common goal done. Which is all that we really needed in our project. For the last half of the morning we visited a local church and donated some turnips to their food bank that they have. When we went all I felt was a welcoming vibe. I felt like we were giving back to a community that really needed some fresh veggies and something that could make their lives healthier. Once we were introduced to the crowed of people and were told why they were separated I immediately busted into tears. I felt this wave of emotion come over me, I could not believe how many elderly homeless people there were around this community.
 
Wrapping up our morning around 10 am, we got the rest of the morning off to relax and get some of our journals written and blogging done.The afternoon farm work was fun for me. I watered half of the field which took hours to do. Everyone worked hard today and got alot of work done. Tomorrow will be different the future is never known, and making up for today will never give you a better tomorrow.
 
 
-Shambrika D. Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment